If you're living with crooked or overlapping teeth, it may impact the way you feel about your smile. You might feel less confident about smiling, especially when you meet new people, and you may not be making an accurate first impression.
Maybe you've considered straightening your teeth, but the idea of wearing braces is not appealing. If you've looked into aligning your teeth, you might've heard of Invisalign. But how effective are clear aligners, and are invisible braces the right option for your smile?
The Pros and Cons of Invisalign in Fontana, CA
Like every treatment procedure, there are pros and cons when straightening your teeth with invisible braces. We'll present them here so you can decide if the benefits outweigh the downfalls for your own smile.
Invisalign is effective for most patients and offers several benefits that our patients love, such as:
- Discreet: Clear aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will know you're straightening your teeth.
- Removable: You can take your aligners out for eating, brushing, and flossing, so there are no dietary restrictions or changes to your brushing and flossing routine as there are for traditional braces.
- Comfortable: Clear aligners are smooth and easy to wear. There are no pokey metal wires or brackets you have to deal with throughout your treatment.
- Maintenance-free: Your aligners are simple to care for as you can brush them quickly during your daily home care routine to keep them clean and clear.
Busy adults and teens appreciate clear aligners' benefits for straightening teeth.
Here are some of the downfalls of invisible braces to consider:
- Cost: In most cases, Invisalign costs as much as traditional braces.
- Compliance: Patients must wear their aligners for at least 22 hours each day for effective treatment.
- Convenience: You'll remove aligners for eating and brushing. Some patients find this inconvenient or hard to keep track of aligners. In addition, lost or broken aligners could prolong treatment time.
- Effectiveness: Invisalign may not be ideal for patients with complicated bite issues.
Want to Learn More About Invisalign in Fontana?
If you're considering straightening your teeth with invisible braces in Fontana, contact Winning Smiles today to learn how we can help!