Dental Implants in Fontana, CA
If you have one or more missing teeth, you’re probably already aware of the impact this can have on your self-esteem, your social life, and your ability to eat your favorite foods.
What you may not realize is that lost teeth also impact the health of the rest of your teeth and can even start a cycle that leads to further tooth loss.
At WinningSmiles, we have the skills, tools, and experience to put a stop to this cycle and restore your smile. If you are trying to cope with missing teeth, please call our Fontana, CA dental office and request a dental implants consultation with one of our doctors.
Dental implants are the closest that science has come (so far!) to replicating a natural tooth, and we would love to talk to you about the long-term advantages of tooth replacement with implants. Give us a call at (909) 822-3003 and read the questions and answers below to learn more!
- What is a dental implant?
- What makes up a dental implant?
- What makes dental implants a better option for tooth replacement?
- What can I expect with dental implants at your dental office?
- How long do dental implants last?
- Why should I come to WinningSmiles for dental implant treatment?
- Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
- Are dental implants worth the investment?
- How do I find out more about dental implants?
What is a dental implant?
Unlike other tooth replacement methods that only seek to replace the crown of the tooth, the portion that is visible when you smile, dental implants replace the entire tooth – including the lost root.
This makes a huge difference in a number of ways:
- The implant is a permanent and looks and feels the most like your natural tooth.
- The replacement root signals your body to continue sending nutrients into the area, preventing bone loss and stopping the cycle of tooth loss in its tracks.
- Implants can be used to hold a number of different crown replacements, including a single crown, a dental bridge, or even dentures, giving you added flexibility to determine the treatment that is best for your goals and your lifestyle.
What makes up a dental implant?
The implant is composed of three individual pieces. The first piece, the implant itself, is made of titanium. This material is used in other bone replacement procedures because it’s biocompatible. In other words, the body “recognizes” the material and doesn’t try to reject it. The implant is surgically placed in your dental bone and takes the place of the root.
The second piece, the abutment, is screwed into the implant and holds the third piece in place.
The third piece could be a permanent restoration, like a crown or bridge, or a removable appliance, like a denture. Your Fontana, CA dentist will discuss your options with you and work with you to create a full dental implant treatment plan so you know exactly what to expect.
What makes dental implants a better option for tooth replacement?
Dental implants provide patients with a number of advantages when it comes to tooth replacement:
- They are permanently integrated with the jawbone, so they do not move. Patients who opt for implants can enjoy all of their favorite foods and speak and chew with confidence.
- Dental implants protect the jawbone against shrinkage. When teeth are missing, those areas of the jawbone deteriorate over time without a tooth root to signal the body to send nutrients there. As the years go on, the jawbone shrinks, and this can impact the facial structure as well, giving people a sunken-in, aged look.
- Caring for dental implants is no different than caring for natural teeth. Simply brush and floss as you always do, and be sure to stay current with biannual visits to the dentist office for examinations and cleanings.
Don’t hesitate to ask your Fontana, CA dentists at WinningSmiles for more information on the benefits of dental implants.
What can I expect with dental implants at your Fontana dentist office?
At WinningSmiles, our dentists not only have ample experience and technical skill in placing implants, but they also can perform any additional procedures that might be needed to help prepare you for implants, such as sinus lifts or bone grafting. A key factor in placing implants is adequate bone quality to hold the implant in place while it heals, and these procedures can transform a person who has been told that they weren’t a good candidate for implants into an excellent candidate for implants!
Additionally, because we believe so strongly in the long-term health and social benefits of dental implants, we’ve invested in advanced technology for our practice that makes treatment more efficient, more precise, and more comfortable for our patients. Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT), for example, allows us to visualize your entire mouth and additional structures in 3-D so that we can pinpoint the very best location for your implant. We can even use this technology to perform guided surgery, when needed, for the most accurate results.
How long do dental implants last?
For most people, dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care. It’s crucial that you visit your dentist regularly to ensure that there is no damage or other issue with the implants, so be sure to stay on track with appointments every six months.
Why should I come to WinningSmiles for dental implant treatment?
Dental implants are the ultimate high-tech replacement for missing teeth. Because they feature a surgically implanted titanium post to replace the root, they offer benefits that can't be found with other tooth replacement options.
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
Choosing a dental implant over other tooth replacement options can be a big decision. Not only do you need to consider the quality of the crown or other restoration that will be replacing the visible portion of your tooth, you also need to consider the quality of the provider who will be performing the surgery so you can count on the highest possible chance for success.
At WinningSmiles, we offer complete implant treatment right here in our Fontana dental office from start to finish. Dr. Koperly is an expert at implant placement and restoration, and we feature an on-site oral surgeon, Dr. Anderson. Additionally, we use state-of-the-art imaging technology, including cone beam computed tomography, to precisely plan your implant placement for outstanding results. If you need additional procedures to become a better candidate for dental implants, such as a sinus lift or bone graft, we can complete these right here in our office as well.
Are dental implants worth the investment?
Most of our Fontana, CA dental implant patients would answer this question with a resounding “yes.” Although there is more of a financial investment up front than, say, dentures, dental implants mean a better quality of life today and less of a hassle in the future.
Because they are permanently integrated in the jawbone, patients have no worries about chewing and speaking. Caring for implants is no different than caring for natural teeth. Since dental implants protect the integrity of the jawbone, no adjustments will be needed in the future with dental implants—unlike with dentures.
How do I find out more about dental implants?
If you live in the Fontana, CA area and you’ve been wondering whether a dental implant is right to replace your missing tooth, we hope that you’ll call our dentist office to learn more about this remarkable procedure. We will perform a comprehensive examination, discuss your long-term goals and your lifestyle, and give you the information you need to make your decision about your dental health.