How To Have Whiter Teeth and a Healthier Smile
Here are some tips on how to have whiter teeth and a healthier smile. Here is what we recommend to our patients at WinningSmiles Custom Dentistry in Fontana, CA.:
Tips for a Whiter & Brighter Smile
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day and clean your tongue with a tongue scraper or a toothbrush. The tongue traps bacteria which can cause teeth staining.
- Try not to drink tea, coffee, juices, wine or soda in excess. These products will stain teeth. Limit these items and brush your teeth immediately after consuming them.
- Foods that are firm or crisp help clean teeth as they’re eaten. Foods, such as apples, raw carrots, celery, and popcorn.
- Brush your teeth with baking soda once a week to remove stains and whiten your teeth. Use it just as you would toothpaste.
- Energy drinks contain acids which break down enamel quickly and can lead to the destruction of teeth quickly. It is best not to drink them. If you do, rinse with water immediately.
- Stop smoking or chewing tobacco. This type of staining can be particularly difficult to remove since it is caused by the sticky nicotine and tar that are contained in the cigarettes.
- Whitening toothpaste is inexpensive and mildly effective in removing surface staining.
- Whitening strips are relatively inexpensive and moderately effective in whitening teeth if used consistently.
- Custom Whitening trays and bleaching gel that are distributed by your dentist are moderate in cost and very effective if used consistently.
- In office teeth whitening such as ZOOM! is very effective in producing immediate results at a moderate cost. You will usually need to bleach from time to time with custom trays to maintain the results.
- Porcelain Veneers are effective for very stained teeth (such as those stained by tetracycline) that don’t respond to traditional teeth whitening methods. This procedure is at a higher cost than other methods and the results are immediate.
Professional Teeth Whitening in Fontana CA
Teeth whitening is safe, easy, and yields fast results that last. Give our team a call today to learn more about professional whitening treatments.